Walnut Creek Elementary School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 7 top public schools in Walnut Creek Elementary School District, serving 3,582 students.
- Public school in Walnut Creek Elementary School District have an average math proficiency score of 68% (versus California public school average of 37%), and reading proficiency score of 73% (versus 48% California statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the top 10% of public schools in California.
- Minority enrollment is 42% of the student body (majority Asian) , which is less than the California public school average of 76% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 22:1 is less than the California public school average of 23:1.
|School District Name||Walnut Creek Elementary School District|
|School District Website||http://www.walnutcreeksd.org|
|School District Phone Number||(925)944-6850|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 08|
|2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|# of Schools||7 Schools||10,447 Schools|
|# of Students||3,582 Students||6,236,707 Students|
|# of Teachers||160 Teachers||267,352 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||23:1|
- Walnut Creek Elementary School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,006 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4 Students||34,214 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||621 Students||712,988 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||492 Students||3,383,167 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||86 Students||350,426 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,085 Students||1,474,092 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||7 Students||29,333 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||287 Students||253,015 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||10|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||431||535,513|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||365||456,488|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||362||445,901|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||391||465,476|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||403||471,595|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||386||487,834|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||420||476,388|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||414||474,069|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||410||472,842|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||489,019|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||487,828|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||482,868|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||484,670|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||6,206|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $7,718 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,798. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,449 is less than the state average of $11,280. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|Total Revenue||$27 MM||$17 MM|
|Spending||$30 MM||$18 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$7,718||$10,798|
|Spending / Student||$8,449||$11,280|
Walnut Creek Elementary School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency | CA School Rank)
- Walnut Creek Buena Vista Elementary School 2355 San Juan Ave.
Walnut Creek, CA 94597
Grades: K-5 | 454 students
- Walnut Creek Indian Valley Elementary School 551 Marshall Dr.
Walnut Creek, CA 94598
Grades: K-5 | 398 students
- Walnut Creek Murwood Elementary School 2050 Vanderslice Ave.
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Grades: K-5 | 372 students
- Walnut Creek Parkmead Elementary School 1920 Magnolia Way
Walnut Creek, CA 94595
Grades: K-5 | 449 students
- Walnut Creek Tice Creek 1847 Newell Ave.
Walnut Creek, CA 94595
Grades: K-8 | 371 students
- Walnut Creek Walnut Creek Intermediate 2425 Walnut Blvd.
Walnut Creek, CA 94597
Grades: 6-8 | 1142 students
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.