Walnut Heights Elementary School
Walnut Heights Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Walnut Heights Elementary School's student population of 381 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||381 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Walnut Heights Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 9,584 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has decreased from 24:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#312 out of 9584 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Walnut Creek Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Walnut Creek Indian Valley Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 409 students
551 Marshall Dr.
Walnut Creek, CA 94598
(925)944-6828 0.6 K-5 409
- Walnut Creek Murwood Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 379 students
2050 Vanderslice Ave.
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
(925)943-2462 0.9 K-5 379
- Walnut Creek Las Lomas High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,549 student
1460 S. Main St.
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
(925)280-3920 1.1 9-12 1,549
- Walnut Creek Walnut Creek Intermediate Grades: 6-8 | 1,063 student
2425 Walnut Blvd.
Walnut Creek, CA 94597
(925)944-6840 1.4 6-8 1,063
- Walnut Creek Tice Creek Grades: K-8 | 433 students
1847 Newell Ave.
Walnut Creek, CA 94595
(925)746-5515 1.6 K-8 433
This school has the best teachers! They are very caring, loving, and extremely kind! Both of my kids are been going to this school 6 years now & I am very happy! Highly recommend!
- Posted by Parent - Sherri
This school has immeasurable parent involvement. The school has many open face building which raises concern of safety. It does have music and art. Students (in Kindergarten) can learn more if the parties taken in class + the school were less often. Lots of parties is not my cup of tea. Didn't have a joyable experience with the teacher or principal. Their attitudes were highly unprofessional, plus disrespectful when it came to parent's wishes of being notified of what food will be given + no toys coming to the house every Friday of every week.
- Posted by Parent - gin
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.