Walnut Heights Elementary School
- Walnut Heights Elementary School's student population of 396 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||396 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Walnut Heights Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has decreased from 23:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#322 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Walnut Creek Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Walnut Creek Indian Valley Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 398 students
551 Marshall Dr.
Walnut Creek, CA 94598
(925)944-6828 0.6 K-5 398
- Walnut Creek Murwood Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 372 students
2050 Vanderslice Ave.
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
(925)943-2462 0.9 K-5 372
- Walnut Creek Las Lomas High School Grades: 9-12 | 1530 students
1460 S. Main St.
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
(925)280-3920 1.1 9-12 1530
- Walnut Creek Walnut Creek Intermediate Grades: 6-8 | 1142 students
2425 Walnut Blvd.
Walnut Creek, CA 94597
(925)944-6840 1.4 6-8 1142
- Walnut Creek Tice Creek Grades: K-8 | 371 students
1847 Newell Ave.
Walnut Creek, CA 94595
(925)746-5515 1.6 K-8 371
This school has the best teachers! They are very caring, loving, and extremely kind! Both of my kids are been going to this school 6 years now & I am very happy! Highly recommend!
- Posted by Parent - Sherri
This school has immeasurable parent involvement. The school has many open face building which raises concern of safety. It does have music and art. Students (in Kindergarten) can learn more if the parties taken in class + the school were less often. Lots of parties is not my cup of tea. Didn't have a joyable experience with the teacher or principal. Their attitudes were highly unprofessional, plus disrespectful when it came to parent's wishes of being notified of what food will be given + no toys coming to the house every Friday of every week.
- Posted by Parent - gin
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.