Parkside Elementary Community Academy
Parkside Elementary Community Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Parkside Elementary Community Academy's student population of 244 students has declined by 21% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 21% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||244 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Parkside Elementary Community Academy's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#3240 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||City of Chicago SD 299 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Magic Johnson - Roseland High School Grades: 9-12
7037 S Stony Island Ave
Chicago, IL 60649
(773)535-4773 0.2 9-12 n/a
- Chicago South Shore Fine Arts Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 445 students
1415 E 70th St
Chicago, IL 60637
(773)535-8340 0.4 PK-8 445
- Chicago Okeeffe Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 643 students
6940 S Merrill Ave
Chicago, IL 60649
(773)535-0600 0.5 PK-8 643
- Chicago Madison Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 225 students
7433 S Dorchester Av
Chicago, IL 60619
(773)535-0551 0.7 PK-8 225
Nearby Homes for Sale
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.