South Shore Fine Arts Elementary School
South Shore Fine Arts Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- South Shore Fine Arts Elementary School's student population of 445 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has declined by 21% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||445 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South Shore Fine Arts Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#3165 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||City of Chicago SD 299 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Parkside Elementary Community Academy Grades: PK-8 | 244 students
6938 S East End Ave
Chicago, IL 60649
(773)535-0940 0.4 PK-8 244
- Chicago Madison Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 225 students
7433 S Dorchester Av
Chicago, IL 60619
(773)535-0551 0.5 PK-8 225
- Chicago Woodlawn Elementary Community School Grades: PK-6 | 193 students
6657 S Kimbark Ave
Chicago, IL 60637
(773)535-0801 0.5 PK-6 193
Nearby Homes for Sale
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.