28949 377th Ave
Lake Andes, SD 57356
Rating
10/
10
Top 10%
Pease Creek Colony Elementary - 06 serves 26 students in grades Kindergarten-8.
Pease Creek Colony Elementary - 06 placed in the top 10% of all schools in South Dakota for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 60-79% (which is higher than the South Dakota state average of 46%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 60-79% (which is higher than the South Dakota state average of 54%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is higher than the South Dakota state level of 12:1.

Top Rankings

Pease Creek Colony Elementary - 06 ranks among the top 20% of public schools in South Dakota for:

Category
Attribute

School Overview

Grades Offered
Grades Kindergarten-8
Total Students
26 students
Gender %
This chart display gender of Pease Creek Colony Elementary - 06
Total Classroom Teachers
2 teachers
Students by Grade
This chart display the students of Pease Creek Colony Elementary - 06 by grade.

School Rankings

Pease Creek Colony Elementary - 06 is ranked within the top 10% of all 631 schools in South Dakota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Pease Creek Colony Elementary - 06 is 0.00, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.48. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
This School
State Level (SD)
Overall Testing Rank
#34 out of 631 schools
(Top 10%)
This chart display the overall school rank of Pease Creek Colony Elementary - 06, with the latest 2018-19 school year data.
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
60-79%
46%
This chart display the percentage of students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Math of Pease Creek Colony Elementary - 06 and the percentage of public school students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Math of public schools in South Dakota by year, with the latest 2018-19 school year data.
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
60-79%
54%
This chart display the percentage of students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Reading/Language Arts of Pease Creek Colony Elementary - 06 and the percentage of public school students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Reading/Language Arts of South Dakota by year, with the latest 2018-19 school year data.
Student : Teacher Ratio
13:1
12:1
American Indian
n/a
16%
Asian
n/a
2%
Hispanic
n/a
5%
Black
n/a
3%
White
100%
70%
Hawaiian
n/a
n/a
Two or more races
n/a
4%
All Ethnic Groups
This chart display the percentage breakdown of students of all ethnic groups in Pease Creek Colony Elementary - 06.
This chart display the percentage breakdown of public school students of all ethnic groups in SD.
Diversity Score
0.00
Eligible for Free Lunch
88%
35%
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, SD Dept. of Education

School Reviews

Review Pease Creek Colony Elementary - 06. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:

  • Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
  • Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Rate this school:

Recent Articles

40% of Teachers Call in Sick in Wisconsin
40% of Teachers Call in Sick in Wisconsin
What happens when nearly half of a state's teachers call in "sick" for school? Learn about the turmoil between legislators and the teachers union in Wisconsin and how the rallies, protests, and fighting will set precedence for other budget-strapped states.
10 Best SAT Prep Methods
10 Best SAT Prep Methods
The SATs are a make or break exam for high school students. Check out the 10 best ways to prepare for the big test.
Common Mental Health Problems in School Children and How to Address Them
Common Mental Health Problems in School Children and How to Address Them
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.

Quick Stats (2021-22)

  • Grades: Kindergarten-8
  • Students: 26 students
  • Student:Teacher Ratio: 13:1
  • Overall Testing Rank
    : Top 10% in SD
  • Math Proficiency
    : 60-79% (Top 10%)
  • Reading Proficiency
    : 60-79% (Top 20%)
  • Diversity Score
    : 0.00

Quick Links