Pelham High School
Pelham High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 10%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Pelham High School's student population of 920 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 55 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||920 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Pelham High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,264 schools in Alabama (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#676 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Shelby County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pelham Valley Elementary School Grades: K-2 | 697 students
310 Opportunity Dr
Pelham, AL 35124
(205)624-3704 1.6 K-2 697
- Pelham Valley Intermediate School Grades: 3-5 | 718 students
2200 Highway 33
Pelham, AL 35124
(205)624-3703 1.8 3-5 718
- Helena Helena Elementary School Grades: K-2 | 870 students
187 Third St
Helena, AL 35080
(205)682-5540 2.0 K-2 870
- Birmingham Trace Crossings Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 490 students
5454 Learning Lane
Birmingham, AL 35244
(205)439-2700 2.7 K-4 490
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.