Bristol Township School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 6 top public schools in Bristol Township School District, serving 6,352 students.
- Public school in Bristol Township School District have an average math proficiency score of 31% (versus Pennsylvania public school average of 46%), and reading proficiency score of 55% (versus 63% Pennsylvania statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 38% of the student body (majority Black) , which is more than the Pennsylvania public school average of 33% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is more than the Pennsylvania public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Bristol Township School District|
|School District Website||http://www.btsd.us/|
|School District Phone Number||(215)943-3200|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|# of Schools||6 Schools||3,054 Schools|
|# of Students||6,352 Students||1,734,277 Students|
|# of Teachers||398 Teachers||119,493 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
- Bristol Township School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 682 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85% has decreased from 87% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||17 Students||2,771 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||146 Students||65,419 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||778 Students||188,861 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||999 Students||255,143 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||3,950 Students||1,157,913 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||12 Students||1,404 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||450 Students||62,422 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||7,207|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||509||123,608|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||516||126,710|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||566||129,725|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||575||133,729|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||575||134,411|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||554||132,934|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||497||132,701|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||520||136,474|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||468||135,181|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||444||139,620|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||399||137,439|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||367||133,173|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||362||131,336|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||29|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $19,257 is higher than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $18,448 is higher than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$118 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$113 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$19,257||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$18,448||$12,924|
Bristol Township School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency | PA School Rank)
- Fairless Hills Armstrong Middle School 475 Wistar Rd
Fairless Hills, PA 19030
Grades: 7-8 | 502 students
- Levittown Brookwood Elementary School 2200 Haines Rd
Levittown, PA 19057
Grades: K-7 | 1226 students
- Croydon Keystone Elementary School 1800 Keystone St
Croydon, PA 19021
Grades: K-8 | 1236 students
- Levittown Mill Creek Elementary School 6501 Mill Creek Rd
Levittown, PA 19057
Grades: K-6 | 1330 students
- Bristol Roosevelt Middle School 1001 Rodgers Road
Bristol, PA 19007
Grades: 7-8 | 486 students
- Levittown Truman Senior High School 3001green Lane
Levittown, PA 19057
Grades: 9-12 | 1572 students
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.