Columbia Borough SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Columbia Borough SD School District serving 1,362 students in Columbia, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 42% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Columbia Borough SD School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Columbia Columbia High School901 Ironville Pike
Columbia, PA 17512
Grades: 9-12 | 391 students
- Columbia Columbia Middle School45 N 9th St
Columbia, PA 17512
Grades: 5-8 | 425 students
- Columbia Park Elementary School50 S 6th St
Columbia, PA 17512
Grades: K-4 | 546 students
|School District Name||Columbia Borough SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,362 students|
|# of Teachers||100 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
|# of Male Students||663 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||699 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||7 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||373 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||113 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||788 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||3 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||78 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||107|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||115|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||117|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||101|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||106|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||108|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||99|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||112|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||106|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||129|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||96|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||96|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||70|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Columbia Borough SD School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 70-74% has decreased from 75-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $16,366 is higher than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $23,671 is higher than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$22 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$32 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$16,366||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$23,671||$12,924|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.