Pike Co High School
Pike Co High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Pike Co High School's student population of 468 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has declined by 27% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||468 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Pike Co High School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#841 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Pike County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brundidge Pike Co Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 457 students
186 Hillcrest Court
Brundidge, AL 36010
(334)735-2683 1.5 PK-6 457
- Banks Banks School Grades: PK-8 | 345 students
9769 N. U. S. Hwy. 29
Banks, AL 36005
(334)243-5514 7.3 PK-8 345
- Troy Charles Henderson High School Grades: 9-12 | 626 students
150 George Wallace Dr
Troy, AL 36081
(334)566-3510 9.7 9-12 626
- Troy Charles Henderson Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 258 students
800 Elm St
Troy, AL 36081
(334)566-5770 10.6 7-8 258
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.