Pinecrest Elementary School
Pinecrest Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Pinecrest Elementary School's student population of 991 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 62 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||991 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||62 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Pinecrest Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 3,633 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#132 out of 3633 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dade School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Bridgeprep Academy Broward County Grades: K-8 | 379 students
7595 Nw 61st St
Miami, FL 33183
(786) 476-2038 1.8 K-8 379
- Miami Trade Logistics Aviation Academy
817 Bill Beck Blvd
Miami, FL 33156
(407) 870-4008 2.0 n/a n/a
- Miami Bridgeprep Academy Charter Grades: K-8 | 346 students
5710 La Costa Dr
Miami, FL 33183
(786) 476-2038 2.1 K-8 346
- Hialeah Imater Preparatory Academy High School Grades: 9-12 | 799 students
651 W 20th St
Hialeah, FL 33010
(305) 805-5722 2.1 9-12 799
- Miami Larkin School For The Health Sciences
5996 Sw 70 St 5th Fl
Miami, FL 33143
(305) 995-1430 2.1 n/a n/a
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.