Pinedale Elementary - 11
Pinedale Elementary - 11 serves 416 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Pinedale Elementary - 11 placed in the top 5% of all schools in South Dakota for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 74% (which is higher than the South Dakota state average of 46%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 76% (which is higher than the South Dakota state average of 54%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the South Dakota state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 14% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the South Dakota state average of 30% (majority American Indian).
Pinedale Elementary - 11 ranks among the top 20% of public schools in South Dakota for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Pinedale Elementary - 11's student population of 416 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 23 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Pinedale Elementary - 11 is ranked within the top 5% of all 631 schools in South Dakota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Pinedale Elementary - 11 is 0.26, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.48. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (SD)
Overall Testing Rank
#20 out of 631 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, SD Dept. of Education
Review Pinedale Elementary - 11. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
40% of Teachers Call in Sick in Wisconsin
What happens when nearly half of a state's teachers call in "sick" for school? Learn about the turmoil between legislators and the teachers union in Wisconsin and how the rallies, protests, and fighting will set precedence for other budget-strapped states.
10 Best SAT Prep Methods
The SATs are a make or break exam for high school students. Check out the 10 best ways to prepare for the big test.
Common Mental Health Problems in School Children and How to Address Them
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.