Platte Colony Elementary - 10
Platte Colony Elementary - 10 serves 28 students in grades Kindergarten-8.
Platte Colony Elementary - 10 placed in the top 10% of all schools in South Dakota for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 60-79% (which is higher than the South Dakota state average of 46%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 60-79% (which is higher than the South Dakota state average of 54%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is higher than the South Dakota state level of 12:1.
Platte Colony Elementary - 10 ranks among the top 20% of public schools in South Dakota for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Percent Eligible For Free Lunch
Platte Colony Elementary - 10's student population of 28 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
The teacher population of 2 teachers has declined by 33% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Platte Colony Elementary - 10 is ranked within the top 10% of all 631 schools in South Dakota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Platte Colony Elementary - 10 is 0.00, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.48. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (SD)
Overall Testing Rank
#34 out of 631 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, SD Dept. of Education
Review Platte Colony Elementary - 10. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Common Behavioral Issues in School-Age Children and How Alternative Schools Can Help
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
Signs of Sex Abuse at School: What Parents Should Know
Nearly 10% of students will encounter sexual misconduct at school. Make sure you know how to protect your child and recognize the signs of potential sex abuse.
Denver Public Schools Buck Trend, Plug School-to-Prison Pipeline
In a district where progressive discipline policies are already the norm, Denver Public Schools seek to limit student exposure to the criminal justice system, rather than criminalize student behavior.