Poland Regional High School
Poland Regional High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maine for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Poland Regional High School's student population of 472 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 46 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||472 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Poland Regional High School's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall School Rank||#281 out of 525 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||12:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Rsu 16 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Poland Poland Community School Grades: PK-6 | 459 students
1250 Maine Street
Poland, ME 04274
(207)998-4915 1.0 PK-6 459
- Mechanic Falls Elm Street School-mechanic Falls Grades: PK-6 | 287 students
129 Elm Street
Mechanic Falls, ME 04256
(207)345-3381 2.7 PK-6 287
- Oxford Oxford Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 398 students
79 Pleasant Street
Oxford, ME 04270
(207)539-4456 5.9 PK-6 398
- Minot Minot Consolidated School Grades: PK-6 | 247 students
23 Shaw Hill Road
Minot, ME 04258
(207)346-6471 6.1 PK-6 247
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.