Portland Elementary School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 149 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 17:1
- Minority Enrollment: 52%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in AR
- Math Proficiency: 60-69% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 60-69% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AR Dept. of Education
Portland Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Arkansas for:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Portland Elementary School's ranking?
Portland Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Arkansas for: Highest overall rank (Top 10%), Highest math proficiency (Top 20%) and Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
60-69% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 47% AR state average), while 60-69% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 45% AR state average).
How many students attend Portland Elementary School?
149 students attend Portland Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
48% of Portland Elementary School students are White, 25% of students are Black, 23% of students are Hispanic, and 4% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Portland Elementary School?
Portland Elementary School has a student ration of 17:1, which is higher than the Arkansas state average of 13:1.
What grades does Portland Elementary School offer ?
Portland Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5
Review Portland Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities