Proctor Elementary School
Proctor Elementary School serves 557 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Proctor Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 76% (which is higher than the California state average of 40%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 73% (which is higher than the California state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 23:1 is higher than the California state level of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 75% of the student body (majority Asian), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).
Proctor Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Proctor Elementary School's student population of 557 students has grown by 13% over five school years.
The teacher population of 24 teachers has grown by 20% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Proctor Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 9,659 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Proctor Elementary School is 0.76, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (CA)
Overall Testing Rank
#822 out of 9659 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) NCES, CA Dept. of Education
Proctor is an amazing school. My children are thriving!
This school has gone way down hill since my oldest son attended many years ago. The leadership leaves something to be desired and we can't wait to be finished here.
Review Proctor Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
School Safety: Shootings
Teachers and parents must be prepared for anything that impacts the safety of our young people.
What are the Top High Schools in Boston?
We review recent rankings from Boston Magazine that shows the top-rated high schools in this extensive school district.
An Overview of the Funding of Public Schools
Learn about how public schools are funded today and how the federal and local monies are allocated.