Providence Elementary School
Providence Elementary School serves 527 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Providence Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Virginia for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 94% (which is higher than the Virginia state average of 82%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 85% (which is higher than the Virginia state average of 78%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is higher than the Virginia state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 53% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Virginia state average of 54% (majority Black).
Providence Elementary School's student population of 527 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 35 teachers has grown by 16% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Providence Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,800 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Providence Elementary School is 0.70, which is equal to the diversity score at state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (VA)
Overall Testing Rank
#278 out of 1800 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) NCES, VA Dept. of Education
Review Providence Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
At the 20-Year Mark, Are Charter Schools Making the Grade?
On the 20th anniversary of the opening of the first charter school, are these schools really offering an attractive option to the standard neighborhood school? We’ll explore the evidence.
Why Fast Food is “Healthier” Than School Lunches: The Shocking USDA Truth
Your child’s public school lunches may be held to lower quality criteria than even fast food. Learn about the shocking investigations that expose the dangers and risks of public school cafeteria lunches.
School Safety: Shootings
Teachers and parents must be prepared for anything that impacts the safety of our young people.