Rachel Carson High School For Coastal Studies
Rachel Carson High School For Coastal Studies places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Rachel Carson High School For Coastal Studies's student population of 559 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has grown by 18% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||559 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Rachel Carson High School For Coastal Studies is ranked within the top 10% of all 4,239 schools in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#378 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||90-94%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥95%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||New York City Geographic #21 School District|