Raul Grijalva Elementary School
- Raul Grijalva Elementary School's student population of 582 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||582 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Raul Grijalva Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,111 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1807 out of 2111 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Tucson Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson John E White Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 673 students
2315 W. Canada St.
Tucson, AZ 85746
(520) 225-6060 0.8 PK-5 673
- Tucson Vision Charter School Grades: 9-12 | 20 students
5901 S. Calle Santa Cruz
Tucson, AZ 85734
(520) 444-0241 0.8 9-12 20
- Tucson Pima Rose Academy Grades: 9-12 | 346 students
1690 W. Irvington Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85741
(520) 797-4884 0.9 9-12 346
- Tucson Tucson International Academy Midvale Grades: K-12 | 182 students
1625 W Valencia, #109
Tucson, AZ 85745
(520) 792-3255 1.1 K-12 182
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.