Reach Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Reach Academy's student population of 43 students has declined by 43% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has grown by 16% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||43 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Reach Academy is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 6:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#8263 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Graduation Rate (14-15)|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Santa Ana Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Ana Nova Academy Grades: 9-12 | 406 students
500 W. Santa Ana Blvd.
Santa Ana, CA 92701
(714) 569-0948 0.2 9-12 406
- Santa Ana Spurgeon Intermediate Grades: 5-8 | 868 students
2701 W. Fifth St.
Santa Ana, CA 92703
(714) 480-2200 0.3 5-8 868
- Santa Ana Fremont Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 580 students
1930 W. 10th St.
Santa Ana, CA 92703
(714) 972-4300 0.4 K-5 580
- Santa Ana Abraham Lincoln Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 855 students
425 S. Sullivan
Santa Ana, CA 92704
(714) 972-6200 0.7 K-5 855
- Santa Ana Samueli Academy Grades: 9-12 | 527 students
1901 N. Fairview St.
Santa Ana, CA 92706
(714) 619-0245 0.7 9-12 527
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.