Reba O Steck Elementary School
Reba O Steck Elementary School serves 575 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Reba O Steck Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Illinois for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 62% (which is higher than the Illinois state average of 33%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 59% (which is higher than the Illinois state average of 38%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is higher than the Illinois state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 51% of the student body (majority Asian), which is lower than the Illinois state average of 52% (majority Hispanic and Black).
Reba O Steck Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Reba O Steck Elementary School's student population of 575 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
The teacher population of 33 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Reba O Steck Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 3,655 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Reba O Steck Elementary School is 0.67, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (IL)
Overall Testing Rank
#270 out of 3655 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, IL Dept. of Education
Review Reba O Steck Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
All-Girl Public High Schools: Improving Confidence and College Success
While all-girl public high schools are not prevalent, their advantages are significant. Learn about the academic and social benefits of an all-girls education.
4 Ways Parents Can Turn a Campus into a Top Public School
Every campus has the potential to become a top public school. Learn about what you can do as a parent to improve your child's public school.
Segregation: A Modern Problem for Public Schools in the South
Learn about the unfortunate cases of segregation that are arising in public schools in the South, as well as the legal rulings forcing desegregation once again.