Regent Park Scholars Charter Academy
Regent Park Scholars Charter Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Regent Park Scholars Charter Academy's student population of 694 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||694 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Regent Park Scholars Charter Academy is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,167 schools in Michigan (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall School Rank||#2902 out of 3167 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Regent Park Scholars Charter Academy School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to Regent Park Scholars Charter Academy is Fisher Magnet Upper Academy (0.3 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Detroit Fisher Magnet Upper Academy Grades: 5-12 | 423 students
15491 Maddelein St
Detroit, MI 48205
(313)866-7233 0.3 5-12 423
- Harper Woods Diploma Success Community School Grades: 8-12 | 190 students
19872 Kelly Road
Harper Woods, MI 48225
(586)933-6075 0.4 8-12 190
- Clinton Township Harper Woods Virtual Academy Grades: 6-12 | 103 students
18901 15 Mile Rd
Clinton Township, MI 48035
(800)297-2119 0.4 6-12 103
- Detroit Brewer Elementary-middle School Grades: K-8 | 480 students
18025 Brock St
Detroit, MI 48205
(313)866-0404 0.6 K-8 480
Nearby Homes for Sale
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.