Renew Scitech Academy At Laurel
- Renew Scitech Academy At Laurel's student population of 697 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 51 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||697 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Renew Scitech Academy At Laurel's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#725 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||ReNEW SciTech Academy at Laurel School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Orleans Encore Academy Grades: PK-8 | 514 students
4217 Orleans Ave
New Orleans, LA 70119
(504)444-2224 0.2 PK-8 514
- New Orleans International School Of Louisiana Grades: K-8 | 1036 students
1400 Camp Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
(504)654-1088 0.6 K-8 1036
- New Orleans Renew Cultural Arts Academy At Live Oak Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 622 students
3128 Constance Street
New Orleans, LA 70115
(504)717-0128 0.7 PK-8 622
- New Orleans James M. Singleton Charter School Grades: PK-8 | 412 students
2220 Oretha Castle Haley Boule
New Orleans, LA 70113
(504)568-3466 0.8 PK-8 412
- Baton Rouge Louisiana Virtual Charter Academy Grades: K-12 | 1913 students
1477 Louisiana Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
(225)336-1410 0.9 K-12 1913
Learn about the education reform that is currently making its way through the Louisiana state legislature and the teacher protests that have arisen as a result.
Learn more about the growing prevalence of female bulling and how public schools are managing the important issues.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.