Top Placements (Pennsylvania)
Rhawnhurst School is Listed among the top public schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for gree lunch (Top 1%)
- Rhawnhurst School's student population of 631 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||631 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Rhawnhurst School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2835 schools in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
- The school district of Rhawnhurst School is Philadelphia City School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Philadelphia City School District's student population of 132,968 students has decreased by 7% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $19,677 is higher than the state average of $13,048. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $20,504 is higher than the state average of $12,915. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Philadelphia City School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||132,968||1,464|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$2,831 MM||$19 MM|
|District Spending||$2,951 MM||$19 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$19,677||$13,048|
|District Spending / Student||$20,504||$12,915|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Philadelphia Wilson Woodrow Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1178 students
1800 Cottman Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19111
(215)728-5015 0.6 6-8 1178
- Philadelphia Farrell Louis H School Grades: K-8 | 1095 students
8300 Castor Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19152
(215)728-5009 0.7 K-8 1095
- Philadelphia Tacony Academy Charter School Grades: K-12 | 1070 students
1300 Rhawn Street
Philadelphia, PA 19111
(215)742-5100 0.8 K-12 1070
- Philadelphia Solis-cohen Solomon School Grades: PK-6 | 1368 students
7001 Horrocks St
Philadelphia, PA 19149
(215)728-5012 1.0 PK-6 1368
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.