Rhawnhurst School places among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Rhawnhurst School's student population of 631 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||631 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Rhawnhurst School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,835 schools in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Philadelphia City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Philadelphia Wilson Woodrow Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1178 students
1800 Cottman Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19111
(215)728-5015 0.6 6-8 1178
- Philadelphia Farrell Louis H School Grades: K-8 | 1095 students
8300 Castor Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19152
(215)728-5009 0.7 K-8 1095
- Philadelphia Tacony Academy Charter School Grades: K-12 | 1070 students
1300 Rhawn Street
Philadelphia, PA 19111
(215)742-5100 0.8 K-12 1070
- Philadelphia Solis-cohen Solomon School Grades: PK-6 | 1368 students
7001 Horrocks St
Philadelphia, PA 19149
(215)728-5012 1.0 PK-6 1368
Whopping cough is making a comeback, especially amongst children, prompting health officials to encourage pertussis vaccines and boosters. However, should the pertussis vaccine be required for public school enrollment? Learn about current proposed laws and its ramifications.
The results of a new study show that private school education may be no better than public school education. Keep reading to learn more about this study and to learn how to make the right choice between private and public school education for your child.
Each year, millions of students neglect to fill out the FAFSA and, in doing so, miss out on the chance to receive federal student aid. Keep reading to learn why every high school student should apply for financial aid, whether or not they qualify and regardless of their intention to use it.