Ridge View Elementary School
- Ridge View Elementary School's student population of 281 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-5|
|Total Students||281 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ridge View Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,769 schools in Indiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has decreased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#603 out of 1769 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||School City Of Hobart School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lake Station Henry S Evans Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 390 students
2915 E 35th Ave
Lake Station, IN 46405
(219)962-1608 0.5 K-5 390
- Gary Gary Career Center Grades: K-12
1800 E 35th Ave
Gary, IN 46409
(219)962-7571 0.9 K-12 n/a
- Hobart Early Learning Center-george Earle Grades: PK-K | 334 students
400 N Wilson St
Hobart, IN 46342
(219)942-7263 1.1 PK-K 334
- Hobart River Forest Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 391 students
3300 Indiana St
Hobart, IN 46342
(219)962-7716 1.3 6-8 391
President Obama’s recent address included infrastructure funding for renovating schools. We’ll look at the plan overall and some of the states that would benefit from the plan.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.