Ridgeview Middle School
- Ridgeview Middle School's student population of 472 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||472 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ridgeview Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1296 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dickenson Co Pblc Schs School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Clintwood Ridgeview High School Grades: 9-12 | 636 students
310 Wolfpack Way
Clintwood, VA 24228
(276)835-1600 0.1 9-12 636
- Clintwood Clintwood Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 523 students
150 Elementary Circle
Clintwood, VA 24228
(276)926-6088 3.4 PK-5 523
- Nora Ervinton Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 138 students
195 Ervinton Circle
Nora, VA 24272
(276)835-8423 5.3 PK-5 138
- Birchleaf Sandlick Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 420 students
186 Anderson Lane
Birchleaf, VA 24220
(276)865-5361 7.1 PK-5 420
- Elkhorn City Elkhorn City Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 518 students
180 Cougar Dr
Elkhorn City, KY 41522
(606)754-4542 11.4 PK-8 518
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.