Robert E. Lee High School
Top Placements (Florida)
Robert E. Lee High School is Listed among the top public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Robert E. Lee High School's student population of 2011 students has grown by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 93 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||2,011 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||93 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Robert E. Lee High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3601 schools in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
- The school district of Robert E. Lee High School is Duval School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 74 school districts in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Duval School District's student population of 128,335 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 79% has increased from 63% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,383 in this district is less than the state average of $12,987. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,755 is less than the state average of $13,734. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Duval School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||128,335||10,175|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$1,179 MM||$132 MM|
|District Spending||$1,226 MM||$140 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,383||$12,987|
|District Spending / Student||$9,755||$13,734|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Robert E. Lee High School is Paxon School/advanced Studies High School (2.8 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Young Womens Leadership Academy/ Young Mens Leadership Academy (2.4 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is West Riverside Elementary School (0.5 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Ruth N. Upson Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 467 students
1090 Dancy St
Jacksonville, FL 32205
(904)381-7485 0.9 PK-5 467
- Jacksonville Central Riverside Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 370 students
2555 Gilmore St
Jacksonville, FL 32204
(904)381-7495 1.1 PK-5 370
- Jacksonville Fishweir Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 434 students
3977 Herschel St
Jacksonville, FL 32205
(904)381-3910 1.2 PK-5 434
- Jacksonville Pinedale Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 385 students
4229 Edison Ave
Jacksonville, FL 32254
(904)381-7490 1.5 PK-5 385
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.