Rock Creek Elementary School
Rock Creek Elementary School serves 706 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Rock Creek Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Washington for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 73% (which is higher than the Washington state average of 50%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 77% (which is higher than the Washington state average of 61%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is higher than the Washington state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 27% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Washington state average of 46% (majority Hispanic).
Rock Creek Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Washington for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Rock Creek Elementary School's student population of 706 students has declined by 29% over five school years.
The teacher population of 37 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Rock Creek Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 2,052 schools in Washington (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Rock Creek Elementary School is 0.45, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (WA)
Overall Testing Rank
#205 out of 2052 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, WA Dept. of Education
Review Rock Creek Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Life Beyond High School: The Innovative Frontier
Exploring post graduation options for high school students.
New Study Confirms That Private Schools Are No Better Than Public Schools
The results of a new study show that private school education may be no better than public school education. Keep reading to learn more about this study and to learn how to make the right choice between private and public school education for your child.
Parents Refuse Common Core Testing
Parents nationwide are opting out of state testing. Hoping to send a message to lawmakers, they are refusing to allow their children to take standardized tests.