Rockledge Elementary School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 345 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 16:1
- Minority Enrollment: 84%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in MD
- Math Proficiency: 20-24% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 25-29% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MD Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
20-24% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 38% MD state average), while 25-29% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 46% MD state average).
How many students attend Rockledge Elementary School?
345 students attend Rockledge Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
55% of Rockledge Elementary School students are Black, 20% of students are Hispanic, 16% of students are White, 5% of students are Two or more races, 3% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Rockledge Elementary School?
Rockledge Elementary School has a student ration of 16:1, which is higher than the Maryland state average of 14:1.
What grades does Rockledge Elementary School offer ?
Rockledge Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5 (offers virtual instruction).
Review Rockledge Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities