Rose Valley Elementary School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 324 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 98%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in MD
- Math Proficiency: 15-19% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 20-24% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MD Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
15-19% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 38% MD state average), while 20-24% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 46% MD state average).
How many students attend Rose Valley Elementary School?
324 students attend Rose Valley Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
52% of Rose Valley Elementary School students are Black, 39% of students are Hispanic, 4% of students are Asian, 2% of students are White, 2% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are American Indian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Rose Valley Elementary School?
Rose Valley Elementary School has a student ration of 14:1, which is equal to the Maryland state average of 14:1.
What grades does Rose Valley Elementary School offer ?
Rose Valley Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5 (offers virtual instruction).
Review Rose Valley Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities