Ross Elementary School
Ross Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in District of Columbia for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Ross Elementary School's student population of 174 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2019)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||174 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ross Elementary School is ranked within the top 1% of all 204 schools in District of Columbia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (DC)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1 out of 204 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||District Of Columbia School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Washington Lee Montessori Pcs Grades: PK-4 | 177 students
3015 4th St Ne
Washington, DC 20017
(202)779-9740 0.1 PK-4 177
- Washington Marie Reed Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 427 students
2201 18th St Nw
Washington, DC 20011
(202)673-7308 0.4 PK-5 427
- Washington Oyster Adams Bilingual School Grades: PK-8 | 677 students
2801 Calvert St Nw
Washington, DC 20008
(202)671-6130 0.4 PK-8 677
- Washington Garrison Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 250 students
1200 S St Nw
Washington, DC 20009
(202)673-7263 0.6 PK-5 250
As a new parent to Ross I gave this review in 2009 that is read - 2012 what can I say fours years later . Ross over all is a good school but the vibe had shifted - The message is community and the children and that's not what I feel anymore- don't get me wrong my daughter loves her teachers and her friends but there is a divide among the teachers and parents and that is all about leadership and teamwork that has to be earned through respect for what everyone brings to the table and I feel it is very lacking - I tell my daughter we should let the kids run the school as they speak with such raw truth and realness that would put the leaders and grown ups to shame- there are those select few teachers who when they say its about the kids it's about the kids -- I stay for those few
- Posted by Parent - jbelt
Learn more about Cato Middle College High, a school that allows students to get a head start on college courses while still in high school.
Public schools in the United States have an interesting history. Learn about how these public institutions developed into a cornerstone of our country's education.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.