Salem Elementary School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 103 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 13:1
- Minority Enrollment: 7%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in IA
- Math Proficiency: 80-89% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 80-89% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IA Dept. of Education
Salem Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Salem Elementary School's ranking?
Salem Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for: Highest overall rank (Top 10%), Highest math proficiency (Top 20%) and Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
80-89% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 69% IA state average), while 80-89% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 68% IA state average).
How many students attend Salem Elementary School?
103 students attend Salem Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
93% of Salem Elementary School students are White, 5% of students are Hispanic, and 2% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Salem Elementary School?
Salem Elementary School has a student ration of 13:1, which is lower than the Iowa state average of 14:1.
What grades does Salem Elementary School offer ?
Salem Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5 (offers virtual instruction).
View the Salem Elementary School yearly calendar below.
Review Salem Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities