Sauganash Elementary School
- Sauganash Elementary School's student population of 583 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||583 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sauganash Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#299 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||City of Chicago SD 299 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Edgebrook Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 514 students
6525 N Hiawatha Ave
Chicago, IL 60646
(773)534-1194 1.0 K-8 514
- Chicago Solomon Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 357 students
6206 N Hamlin Ave
Chicago, IL 60659
(773)534-5226 1.2 PK-8 357
- Chicago Farnsworth Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 639 students
5414 N Linder Ave
Chicago, IL 60630
(773)534-3535 1.3 PK-8 639
- Lincolnwood Lincoln Hall Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 414 students
6855 N Crawford Ave
Lincolnwood, IL 60712
(847)675-8240 1.3 6-8 414
- Chicago Palmer Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 828 students
5051 N Kenneth Ave
Chicago, IL 60630
(773)534-3704 1.3 PK-8 828
Sauganash Elementary is an incredible Elementary School. Lots of fundraising and activities for families and students. Mrs. Munns is fantastic and pushes teachers for excellence. Class sizes are large and the school zone is too large. Many children from outside neighborhoods which isn`t fair to the parents paying incredibly high taxes.Curriculum is intense and is more rigorous than catholic schools.
- Posted by Parent - Anonymous
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.