Scott Middle School serves 1,194 students in grades 6-8.
Scott Middle School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Nebraska for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 70% (which is higher than the Nebraska state average of 46%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 65% (which is higher than the Nebraska state average of 48%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is higher than the Nebraska state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 23% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Asian), which is lower than the Nebraska state average of 36% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 1,194 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 16:1
- Minority Enrollment: 23%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in NE
- Math Proficiency: 70% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 65% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), NE Dept. of Education
Scott Middle School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Nebraska for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Scott Middle School's student population of 1,194 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
The teacher population of 74 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Scott Middle School is ranked within the top 10% of all 902 schools in Nebraska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Scott Middle School is 0.40, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.55. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (NE)
Overall Testing Rank
#83 out of 902 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), NE Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Scott Middle School's ranking?
Scott Middle School is ranked #83 out of 902 schools, which ranks it among the top 10% of public schools in Nebraska.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
70% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 46% NE state average), while 65% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 48% NE state average).
How many students attend Scott Middle School?
1,194 students attend Scott Middle School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
77% of Scott Middle School students are White, 8% of students are Hispanic, 7% of students are Two or more races, 5% of students are Asian, and 3% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Scott Middle School?
Scott Middle School has a student ration of 16:1, which is higher than the Nebraska state average of 12:1.
What grades does Scott Middle School offer ?
Scott Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8
What school district is Scott Middle School part of?
Scott Middle School is part of Lincoln Public Schools School District.
Review Scott Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Spitting Rhymes for Flashy Grades: The Link Between Hip Hop Curriculum and Improved Learning
Can rap lyrics and hip hop beats help students learn more? Studies and some public schools say yes!
When Field Trips Turn Deadly: Who is Responsible?
Recent deaths during field trips have parents and school officials questioning the safety of these excursions. Learn about these tragedies and what parameters should be in place to ensure a safe field trip.
D.C. Schools: Controversial Growth of Charter Schools
Charter schools are growing in DC, and we analyze the response to recent numbers that show the student population in D.C. charter schools has outpaced the numbers for traditional public schools throughout the district.