Sequoia Middle School
- Grades: 7-8
- Enrollment: 567 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 22:1
- Minority Enrollment: 87%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 30% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 49% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
30% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 49% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
How many students attend Sequoia Middle School?
567 students attend Sequoia Middle School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
80% of Sequoia Middle School students are Hispanic, 13% of students are White, 4% of students are Asian, and 3% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Sequoia Middle School?
Sequoia Middle School has a student ration of 22:1, which is equal to the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Sequoia Middle School offer ?
Sequoia Middle School offers enrollment in grades 7-8
Review Sequoia Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities