Shandon Elementary School
Shandon Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Shandon Elementary School's student population of 225 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||225 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Shandon Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has decreased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#6665 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Shandon Joint Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Shandon Shandon High School Grades: 9-12 | 87 students
101 S. First St.
Shandon, CA 93461
(805) 238-0286 0.2 9-12 87
- Creston Creston Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 86 students
5105 O'donovan Rd.
Creston, CA 93432
(805) 238-4771 13.0 K-5 86
- San Miguel Parkfield Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 9 students
70585 Parkfield Coalinga Rd.
San Miguel, CA 93451
(805) 463-2331 13.6 K-6 9
- Paso Robles Virginia Peterson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 440 students
2501 Beechwood Dr.
Paso Robles, CA 93447
(805) 769-1250 16.0 K-5 440
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.