Shepherd Elementary School
Shepherd Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in District Of Columbia for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Shepherd Elementary School's student population of 364 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||364 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Shepherd Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 208 schools in District Of Columbia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (DC)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#24 out of 208 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||District Of Columbia School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Washington Takoma Ec Grades: PK-8 | 473 students
7010 Piney Branch Rd Nw
Washington, DC 20012
(202) 671-6050 0.9 PK-8 473
- Silver Spring Takoma Park Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1,090 student
7611 Piney Branch Rd
Silver Spring, MD 20910
(301) 650-6444 1.0 6-8 1,090
- Chevy Chase Rock Creek Forest Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 753 students
8330 Grubb Road
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
(240) 839-3201 1.1 PK-5 753
- Takoma Park Takoma Park Elementary School Grades: K-2 | 623 students
7511 Holly Ave
Takoma Park, MD 20912
(240) 740-0980 1.1 K-2 623
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.