Shepherd Elementary School
- Shepherd Elementary School's student population of 361 students has grown by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has grown by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||361 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Shepherd Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (DC)|
|Overall School Rank||#28 out of 200 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||11:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||of Columbia Public s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Washington Takoma Ec Grades: PK-8 | 468 students
7010 Piney Branch Rd Nw
Washington, DC 20012
(202)671-6050 0.9 PK-8 468
- Silver Spring Takoma Park Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1075 students
7611 Piney Branch Rd
Silver Spring, MD 20910
(301)650-6444 1.0 6-8 1075
- Chevy Chase Rock Creek Forest Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 723 students
8330 Grubb Road
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
(301)650-6410 1.1 PK-5 723
- Takoma Park Takoma Park Elementary School Grades: K-2 | 647 students
7511 Holly Ave
Takoma Park, MD 20912
(301)650-6414 1.1 K-2 647
Not just kids need schooling. Learn about the Parent Academy offered through Miami-Dade County Public Schools, where parents go back to school.
Across the country, parents are opting their children out of Common Core testing, with New York City seeing some of the biggest opt-out numbers. How is this massive school district handling the situation?
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.