Sherwood Elementary School
- Sherwood Elementary School's student population of 463 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||463 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sherwood Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 26:1 has increased from 24:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#4032 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sylvan Union Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Modesto Sylvan Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 259 students
2908 Coffee Rd.
Modesto, CA 95355
(209)574-5600 0.4 K-5 259
- Oakland Aspire University Charter Grades: K-5 | 267 students
3313 Coffee Rd.
Oakland, CA 94606
(209)544-8722 0.5 K-5 267
- Modesto Standiford Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 422 students
605 Tokay Ave.
Modesto, CA 95350
(209)574-5400 0.6 K-5 422
- Modesto Coleman F. Brown Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 455 students
2024 Vera Cruz Dr.
Modesto, CA 95355
(209)574-5100 0.8 K-5 455
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.