Stockard Coffee Elementary School
- Stockard Coffee Elementary School's student population of 461 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||461 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Stockard Coffee Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#3959 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sylvan Union Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Modesto Fred C. Beyer High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,624 student
1717 Sylvan Ave.
Modesto, CA 95355
(209) 574-1647 0.4 9-12 1,624
- Oakland Aspire University Charter Grades: K-5 | 250 students
3313 Coffee Rd.
Oakland, CA 94606
(209) 544-8722 0.8 K-5 250
- Modesto Sylvan Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 344 students
2908 Coffee Rd.
Modesto, CA 95355
(209) 574-5600 1.1 K-5 344
- Modesto Sherwood Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 478 students
819 Rumble Rd.
Modesto, CA 95350
(209) 574-5200 1.3 K-5 478
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.