Sylvan Elementary School
- Sylvan Elementary School's student population of 259 students has declined by 21% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has declined by 53% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||259 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sylvan Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 43:1 has increased from 25:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#8504 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||43:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sylvan Union Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oakland Aspire University Charter Grades: K-5 | 267 students
3313 Coffee Rd.
Oakland, CA 94606
(209)544-8722 0.4 K-5 267
- Modesto Sherwood Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 463 students
819 Rumble Rd.
Modesto, CA 95350
(209)574-5200 0.4 K-5 463
- Modesto Coleman F. Brown Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 455 students
2024 Vera Cruz Dr.
Modesto, CA 95355
(209)574-5100 0.5 K-5 455
- Modesto Fred C. Beyer High School Grades: 9-12 | 1671 students
1717 Sylvan Ave.
Modesto, CA 95355
(209)576-4311 0.7 9-12 1671
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.