Sylvan Elementary School
- Sylvan Elementary School's student population of 344 students has grown by 22% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has grown by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||344 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sylvan Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,584 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 25:1 has increased from 23:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#6317 out of 9584 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sylvan Union Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oakland Aspire University Charter Grades: K-5 | 250 students
3313 Coffee Rd.
Oakland, CA 94606
(209)544-8722 0.4 K-5 250
- Modesto Sherwood Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 478 students
819 Rumble Rd.
Modesto, CA 95350
(209)574-5200 0.4 K-5 478
- Modesto Coleman F. Brown Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 437 students
2024 Vera Cruz Dr.
Modesto, CA 95355
(209)574-5100 0.5 K-5 437
- Modesto Fred C. Beyer High School Grades: 9-12 | 1624 students
1717 Sylvan Ave.
Modesto, CA 95355
(209)574-1647 0.7 9-12 1624
Public schools have been the recent grounds of tuberculosis infections. Learn about the symptoms and how to protect your child from catching tuberculosis.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.