- School Type: Charter School
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 403 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 81%
- Graduation Rate: 75-79% (Btm 50% in CA)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: 12% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 46% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Sierra Charter's ranking?
Sierra Charter ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for: Lowest student:teacher ratio (Top 10%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
12% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 46% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
What is the graduation rate of Sierra Charter?
The graduation rate of Sierra Charter is 75-79%, which is lower than the California state average of 85%.
How many students attend Sierra Charter?
403 students attend Sierra Charter.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
69% of Sierra Charter students are Hispanic, 19% of students are White, 4% of students are Black, 3% of students are Asian, 2% of students are American Indian, 2% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Sierra Charter?
Sierra Charter has a student ration of 14:1, which is lower than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Sierra Charter offer ?
Sierra Charter offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-12
What school district is Sierra Charter part of?
Sierra Charter is part of Sierra Charter School District.
Review Sierra Charter. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities