Sierra High School
- School Type: Alternative school
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 59 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Minority Enrollment: 97%
- Graduation Rate: ≥80% (Btm 50% in CA)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: ≤10% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 20-29% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
≤10% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 20-29% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
What is the graduation rate of Sierra High School?
The graduation rate of Sierra High School is 80%, which is lower than the California state average of 85%.
How many students attend Sierra High School?
59 students attend Sierra High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
97% of Sierra High School students are Hispanic, and 3% of students are White.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Sierra High School?
Sierra High School has a student ration of 15:1, which is lower than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Sierra High School offer ?
Sierra High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12
What school district is Sierra High School part of?
Sierra High School is part of Fillmore Unified School District.
Review Sierra High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities