Sierra Madre Middle School
Top Placements (California)
Sierra Madre Middle School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Sierra Madre Middle School's student population of 446 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||446 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sierra Madre Middle School is ranked within the top 30% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has decreased from 24:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Sierra Madre Middle School is Pasadena Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Pasadena Unified School District's student population of 18,377 students has decreased by 5% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $11,961 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $12,532 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
|School District Name||Pasadena Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||18,377||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$234 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$245 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$11,961||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$12,532||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sierra Madre Sierra Madre Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 666 students
141 W. Highland Ave.
Sierra Madre, CA 91024
(626)396-5890 0.6 K-8 666
- Arcadia Highland Oaks Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 680 students
10 Virginia Dr.
Arcadia, CA 91007
(626)821-8354 0.8 K-5 680
- Arcadia Foothills Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 770 students
171 E. Sycamore Ave.
Arcadia, CA 91007
(626)821-8363 1.4 6-8 770
- Pasadena Don Benito Fundamental Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 608 students
3700 Denair St.
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626)396-5870 1.6 K-5 608
- Arcadia Method Schools High School Grades: 9-12 | 6 students
317 E. Foothill Blvd.
Arcadia, CA 91006
(760)224-0758 1.6 9-12 6
This school is amazing.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - toesh