Signal Hill Elementary School
- Signal Hill Elementary School's student population of 731 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||731 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Signal Hill Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 26:1 has decreased from 27:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#3779 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Long Beach Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Signal Hill Alvarado Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 412 students
1900 E. 21st St.
Signal Hill, CA 90755
(562)985-0019 0.3 K-5 412
- Signal Hill Jessie Nelson Academy Grades: 6-8 | 785 students
1951 Cherry Ave.
Signal Hill, CA 90755
(562)591-6041 0.3 6-8 785
- Long Beach Whittier Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 1070 students
1761 Walnut Ave.
Long Beach, CA 90813
(562)599-6263 0.7 K-5 1070
- Long Beach Bobbie Smith Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 851 students
565 E. Hill St.
Long Beach, CA 90806
(562)595-9466 0.8 K-5 851
- Long Beach Clear Passage Educational Center Grades: 9-12 | 54 students
1471 Mlk Jr. Ave.
Long Beach, CA 90807
(888)502-1116 1.1 9-12 54
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.