Alvarado Elementary School
Top Placements (California)
Alvarado Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Alvarado Elementary School's student population of 435 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||435 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Alvarado Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has decreased from 26:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Alvarado Elementary School is Long Beach Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Long Beach Unified School District's student population of 77,565 students has decreased by 5% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $10,428 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,395 is less than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Long Beach Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||77,565||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$858 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$855 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$10,428||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$10,395||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Signal Hill Jessie Nelson Academy Grades: 6-8 | 798 students
1951 Cherry Ave.
Signal Hill, CA 90755
(562)591-6041 0.3 6-8 798
- Signal Hill Signal Hill Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 727 students
2285 Walnut Ave.
Signal Hill, CA 90755
(562)426-8170 0.3 K-5 727
- Long Beach Whittier Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 1028 students
1761 Walnut Ave.
Long Beach, CA 90813
(562)599-6263 0.5 K-5 1028
- Long Beach Lee Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 955 students
1620 Temple Ave.
Long Beach, CA 90804
(562)494-5101 0.8 K-5 955
- Long Beach Bobbie Smith Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 837 students
565 E. Hill St.
Long Beach, CA 90806
(562)595-9466 1.0 K-5 837
September 17, 2018
Public schools are far from perfect, but they still offer significant benefits to the students that attend their classrooms every day. We’ll list a few of those advantages here.
August 29, 2018
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
August 28, 2018
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.