Alvarado Elementary School
- Alvarado Elementary School's student population of 435 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||435 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Alvarado Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9,595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has decreased from 26:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Long Beach Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Signal Hill Jessie Nelson Academy Grades: 6-8 | 798 students
1951 Cherry Ave.
Signal Hill, CA 90755
(562)591-6041 0.3 6-8 798
- Signal Hill Signal Hill Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 727 students
2285 Walnut Ave.
Signal Hill, CA 90755
(562)426-8170 0.3 K-5 727
- Long Beach Whittier Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 1028 students
1761 Walnut Ave.
Long Beach, CA 90813
(562)599-6263 0.5 K-5 1028
- Long Beach Lee Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 955 students
1620 Temple Ave.
Long Beach, CA 90804
(562)494-5101 0.8 K-5 955
- Long Beach Bobbie Smith Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 837 students
565 E. Hill St.
Long Beach, CA 90806
(562)595-9466 1.0 K-5 837
In some cases, it might be the school down the street. Other times, it could be the school across town. We’ll talk about the factors to consider when choosing the best high school for your child.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.