- The student population of 1019 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The teacher population of 55 teachers has grown by 14% over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades PK-8|
|Total Students||1,019 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has decreased from 22:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity score of 0.54 is more than the state average of 0.31. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- City Of Chicago 299 School District's student population of 390,653 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The revenue/student of $13,609 in this district is less than the state average of $15,061. The district revenue/student has grown by 8% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,509 is less than the state average of $15,092. The district spending/student has grown by 10% over four years.
|School District Name||City Of Chicago 299 School District|
|Number of Schools
|Number of Students Managed||390,653||753|
|District Total Revenue||$5,389 MM||$11 MM|
|District Spending||$5,745 MM||$11 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$13,609||$15,061|
|District Spending / Student||$14,509||$15,092|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ChicagoPrussing Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-8 | 688 students
4650 N Menard Ave
Chicago, IL 60630
ChicagoBeard Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-3 | 144 students
6445 W Strong St
Chicago, IL 60656
ChicagoThorp O A Elementary Scholastic AcademyGrades: KG-8 | 836 students
6024 W Warwick Ave
Chicago, IL 60634
Harwood HeightsUnion Ridge Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-8 | 645 students
4600 N Oak Park Ave
Harwood Heights, IL 60706
ChicagoVaughn Occupational High SchoolGrades: 9-12 | 201 students
4355 N Linder Ave
Chicago, IL 60641
April 28, 2017
In an evolving story out of New York, teacher unions have sued the school district to prevent them from following through with proposed school closures.
April 28, 2017
Police departments on public school campuses have played a major role in reducing violent crime and the speed limit. Unfortunately, they are also fighting an uphill battle against budget cuts.
April 27, 2017
Public schools across the nation are implementing programs that help keep young black men in school and off the streets. Boosting graduation rates, reducing gang involvement and violence, and providing positive male role models are just a few of the common elements of these programs. Yet, the achievement gap between black boys and other peer groups remains extremely wide.