Beard Elementary School
- The student population of 144 students has declined by 8% over five years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has declined by 12% over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades PK-3|
|Total Students||144 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has increased from 6:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity score of 0.67 is more than the state average of 0.31. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- City Of Chicago 299 School District's student population of 390,653 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The revenue/student of $13,707 in this district is less than the state average of $16,005. The district revenue/student has grown by 14% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $15,765 is higher than the state average of $14,988. The district spending/student has grown by 19% over four years.
|School District Name||City Of Chicago 299 School District|
|Number of Schools
|Number of Students Managed||390,653||753|
|District Total Revenue||$5,437 MM||$12 MM|
|District Spending||$6,253 MM||$11 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$13,707||$16,005|
|District Spending / Student||$15,765||$14,988|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ChicagoGarvy J Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-8 | 780 students
5225 N Oak Park Ave
Chicago, IL 60656
Harwood HeightsUnion Ridge Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-8 | 645 students
4600 N Oak Park Ave
Harwood Heights, IL 60706
ChicagoSmyser Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-8 | 1019 students
4310 N Melvina Ave
Chicago, IL 60634
ChicagoPrussing Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-8 | 688 students
4650 N Menard Ave
Chicago, IL 60630
ChicagoTaft High SchoolGrades: 7-12 | 3185 students
6530 W Bryn Mawr Ave
Chicago, IL 60631
July 12, 2017
Learn whether a year round attendance schedule or traditional schedule may be more appropriate for your child.
July 12, 2017
It is helpful to know the issues involved when considering public versus private schools. More about these considerations here.
July 02, 2017
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.