Sonoran Science Academy - Davis Monthan
Sonoran Science Academy - Davis Monthan places among the top 20% of public schools in Arizona for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
Sonoran Science Academy - Davis Monthan's student population of 159 students has declined by 27% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||159 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Sonoran Science Academy - Davis Monthan is ranked within the top 20% of all 2,111 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
The diversity score of Sonoran Science Academy - Davis Monthan is 0.71, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.65. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
Overall Testing Rank
|#357 out of 2111 schools|
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
|Student : Teacher Ratio||n/a||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Daisy Education Corporation DBA. Sonoran Science Academy Dav School District|
Nearby Public Schools
The nearest high school to Sonoran Science Academy - Davis Monthan is Canyon Rose Academy (1.1 miles away)
The nearest middle school and elementary school is Borman Elementary School (0.6 miles away)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Borman Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 495 students
6630 Lightning Drive
Tucson, AZ 85708
(520) 584-4600 0.6 PK-8 495
- Tucson Canyon Rose Academy Grades: 9-12 | 224 students
2401 S. Wilmot Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85741
(520) 514-5112 1.1 9-12 224
- Tucson Irene Erickson Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 416 students
6750 E. Stella Road
Tucson, AZ 85730
(520) 584-5000 1.2 PK-5 416
- Tucson Wheeler Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 496 students
1818 Avenida Del Sol
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520) 584-5500 1.7 PK-5 496
- Tucson Myers-ganoung Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 398 students
5000 E. Andrew St.
Tucson, AZ 85711
(520) 225-6060 1.8 PK-5 398
Awesome school with awesome teachers and smart students. Take it from me, I have field experience.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - 99277583
While students are enjoying time off this summer, school district officials across the country are grappling with the issues associated with Common Core Standards, as well as plenty of opposition from parents and teachers.
As more schools return to in-person learning, teachers and parents find themselves dealing with the trauma and stress created by the pandemic.
After more than a year of remote learning, schools are finally returning to in-person instruction but how has the pandemic changed the face of public education and what will it look like moving forward?