Sophia T. Salvin Special Education Center
- Sophia T. Salvin Special Education Center's student population of 100 students has declined by 35% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has declined by 26% over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||100 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sophia T. Salvin Special Education Center's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#9448 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Camino Nuevo Elementary #3 Grades: K-8 | 779 students
1723 Cordova St.
Los Angeles, CA 90007
(323)730-7160 0.1 K-8 779
- Los Angeles West Adams Preparatory High School Grades: 9-12 | 1514 students
1500 W. Washington Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90007
(323)373-2500 0.4 9-12 1514
- Los Angeles Magnolia Avenue Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 1109 students
1626 S. Orchard Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90006
(213)748-6281 0.6 K-6 1109
- Los Angeles Alliance Gertz-ressler Richard Merkin 6-12 Complex Grades: 6-12 | 986 students
2023 S. Union Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213)745-8141 0.8 6-12 986
Nearby Homes for Sale
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.