South Central Middle School
- South Central Middle School's student population of 131 students has declined by 35% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||131 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South Central Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#1983 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||South Central CUD 401 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kinmundy South Central Elementary-kinmundy Grades: PK-5 | 293 students
810 E 1st St
Kinmundy, IL 62854
(618)547-7696 0.6 PK-5 293
- Farina South Central High School Grades: 9-12 | 186 students
800 W Washington St
Farina, IL 62838
(618)245-3363 6.3 9-12 186
- Salem Salem Community High School Grades: 9-12 | 697 students
1200 N Broadway Ave
Salem, IL 62881
(618)548-0727 10.4 9-12 697
- Salem Hawthorn Elementary School Grades: K-3 | 419 students
1300 Hawthorn Rd
Salem, IL 62881
(618)548-7702 10.7 K-3 419
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.