Black Hills Special Services Cooperative School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 3 public schools in Black Hills Special Services Cooperative School District, serving 43 students.
- Public school in Black Hills Special Services Cooperative School District have an average math proficiency score of 50% (versus the South Dakota public school average of 46%), and reading proficiency score of 50% (versus the 52% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the top 50% of public schools in South Dakota.
- Minority enrollment is 28% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is less than the South Dakota public school average of 30% (majority American Indian).
- The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is more than the South Dakota public school average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Black Hills Special Services Cooperative School District|
|School District Website||http://www.bhssc.org|
|School District Phone Number||(605)347-4467|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (SD)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||722 Schools|
|# of Students||43 Students||145,072 Students|
|# of Teachers||2 Teachers||9,796 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||14:1|
- Black Hills Special Services Cooperative School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 149 school districts in South Dakota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (SD)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||<50%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||6 Students||22,960 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||2 Students||2,450 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||n/a||8,185 Students|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||2 Students||4,411 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||31 Students||101,454 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||153 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||2 Students||5,459 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||3,388|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||1||12,298|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||11,015|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||2||11,028|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||11,166|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||1||11,439|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||1||11,400|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||3||11,161|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||6||11,123|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||1||10,704|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||4||11,505|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||5||10,340|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||8||9,403|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||11||9,102|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Black Hills Special Services Cooperative School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Black Hills Academy At Canyon Hills - 08 2519 Windmill Dr
Spearfish, SD 57783
Grades: 7-8 | 1 students
- Black Hills Academy At Canyon Hills High School - 07 2519 Windmill Dr
Spearfish, SD 57783
Grades: 9-12 | 4 students
- Developmental Disabilities Program - 01 2885 Dickson Dr
Sturgis, SD 57785
Grades: PK-12 | 38 students
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.